Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Spying like Snape

Thursday means Harry Potter and with all of Daniel Radcliffe's amazing statements about sexualisation in the media, his mad skills at rapping and let's not ever forget Emma Watson's great work on promoting feminism. So, let's get back to the memes. Harry Potter Moments of the Week is hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts and today we're deciding:

Could you ever double as a spy like Snape?


I think, if I had to, I could. This is very easy to say when you don't have to, but I definitely think that if circumstances forced me to that I would. I mean, although Snape's motives are still quite questionable and I'm still not quite sure how I really feel about him, I do think it took a large amount of courage to do what he did.


Just imagine having to live day in, day out, knowing more than you're supposed to know. Everyone around you living on the assumption you are on their side, fighting with them. And in the meantime you are actually pretending to side with the enemy. And how do you know which side to pick, how do you not become convinced the other side is actually the better choice?

I guess in the end my answer is no. I don't think I could. I feel like I have to choose a side and stand for it because I couldn't pretend to not show exactly how I feel.

Ok, I went on a small rant there but there's just so many questions here!

Comments

  1. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If you are forced to be evil and to tell the whole world you're with the evil side, even though it's a lie, and be forced to do horrible things, how are you able to remember you are good. How are you able to not turn evil, even just a little bit?


    And I will admit that what Snape did was very courageous and brave, but what always stopped me from completely liking him was the fact that he was a Death Eater before he switched sides. If Lily wasn't murdered by Volermort he would never had switched sides. And that has prevented me from really liking him as a person.

    my HP moment- http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2014/10/harry-potter-moment-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO right and I'm with you 100% Even though Snape was brave, I never fully forgave him for being so horrible all the time so my feelings for him are far from admiring his 'sacrifice' for 'love' That being said, there's no denying his bravery for facing THE Dark Lord constantly AND lying to his face. I mean, Voldemort is gifted at Occlumency so Snape would NEVER have a second to rest, and just be himself, you know?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts