Long Live the 'The Hobbit'!!


'The Hobbit' was published on the 21st of September in 1937, exactly 75 years ago. This means it's time for a celebration. Yes, I did use a Minions-gif to explain my emotions. No, I don't feel sorry.

I absolutely love this book and have really fond memories of it. This book dragged me through the only time in my life where I can remember being really sick. I was just lying in my bed and I couldn't do anything. My dad, being the literary angel he is, knew that what I needed was a comfort read so he pulled out his old copy of 'The Hobbit' and started reading. Nothing could have been better. I just closed my eyes, listened and let my imagination run amok. So yes, this book means a lot to me.

Peter Jackson, Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh did an amazing job on 'The Lord of the Rings' and I cannot wait to see what they make of this book. But I can tell you I love the new trailer:

I think this trailer perfectly brings across the humor in the book. Let's not forget that this book was supposed to be a children's book, so of course there is some humor in it and it is a lot simpler, in ways. It does get darker in what will be the second movie, I think, but now I am just so excited!

What I find really interesting is Gollum. He looks a lot more innocent in this trailer. I mean, that bit with him made me laugh, both because I had missed him (I know, I'm strange) but also because he just seems so...sweet almost. His eyes are bigger, bluer and he seems mischievous, rather than evil. So I guess that losing the Ring is going to drive him completely over the edge. Also, Ian McKellen is still my hero, his voice must be the voice of God. Cate Blanchett is a godess who deserves her own religion and WETA has done an amazing job on the animation and setting and props. I think this movie will be great and the book definitely deserves it,

Comments

  1. I have read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, but I haven't read The Hobbit. I should definitely do that before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts