Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine!

I haven't partivipated in a meme for ages and I found myself missing it, so here I am! There are quite a number of books I'm excited for in the coming months.

In September, 'The Dragondain' will drop, the sequel to the amazing 'The Moon Coin'. I absolutely loved the first one and was so disappointed when I got to the end of it because I wanted to kow what would happen.

And hopefully the second book from the Misfit Heroes series: Wand of the Witch will soon land in my mailbox. 'Eye of the Wizard' was a great book. Here's the summary:

They say an evil witch lives in the forest. They say she turns children into toads and pigs. They say her army of monsters will soon march to war.

Only the bravest, strongest heroes can stop her. Unfortunately... only a few misfits are around.

A couple failed squires. A jinxed wizard. A banished spirit of the forest. A childlike demon and her teddy bear. They are outcasts, failures, oddballs. Can they actually defeat the witch, or will the kingdom fall to her dark magic?
How amazing is that cover? And a book I have wanted to read desperatly just landed in my inbox: Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, Book 3)., also by Daniel Arenson.  Here's the summary:

War has ravaged the world. Cities lie crumbled. Forests smolder. The crows feast.

In the ruins, Requiem's last dragons lick their wounds and mourn a death among them. But they will not have long to grieve. From the ashes, a new enemy arises, one more horrible than any before.

His soldiers dead, the tyrant Dies Irae collects severed limbs, heads, and torsos. He sews them into rotting, maggoty mimics of life. With dark magic, he animates his creations... and sends them hunting.

The mimics live to kill. They do not sleep. They feel no pain. They never stop hunting. Worst of all, they undo all magic around them. When mimics are near, Requiem's survivors cannot become dragons... and must fight as humans.

Without their greatest gift, how can Requiem's children survive?
So, I am definitly looking forward to these books!!! What books are you looking forward to? Leave a link in the comment and I'll stop by :)

Comments

  1. Nice picks - Wand of the Witch especially caught my attention.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Lots of fantasy books. they sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen these books before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've heard of those authors.. :O Wand of the Witch looks very cool. *makes shallow face* ;D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wand of the Witch cover is so cool! I hadn't heard of eith book, but they both sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting fantasy books! It reminds me how much I've fallen away from that genre. They look fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts