Throwback Thursday

I saw this post on My Words...in words and pages and what you do is you talk about the books that are already on your shelves. I thought I'd look at the books I have bought but haven't read yet. Somehow I always end up buying too many books. It actually makes me quite sad to think of all those lonely books on those shelves upstairs. Anyway, to make a short story long, here I go. I made a list of 5.
Midnight's Children: A Novel


    The Mill on the floss
  • Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. I really feel like I was supposed to have read this book a long time ago. I have it upstairs, I have started it actually. But somehow I couldn't get myself to read on. Too much to do, too much else to read etc. These are some of the weakest excuses I have ever heard myself utter, but they're true. I did really like what I read, Rushdie has a style of writing that attracts me.
  • The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot. This was actually the first book I bought by Elliot. But shortly after I bought Middlemarch.  And once I started that one I wasn't able to focus on The Mill anymore. I read parts of the beginning of The Mill and I liked it. Somehow I didn't love it however. The characters were nice and everything but it didn't speak to me as strongly. I will however start again because the book deserves it
  • Hamlet  by William Shakespeare. I don't think I have to explain why I want to read this play. I've seen it on stage already and am going to see it again soon. I know the play, I just haven't read it yet. It is one of these plays that you should have read and should have an opinion about. I now, solemnly, swear that I will read it before the year is over.

Is there a book you have been dying to read and once you have a copy you forget?

Comments

  1. Oh great post! Thank you so much for posting and linking over. :) So glad you enjoyed the idea.

    This week and the next few weeks I'm going to feature some old prints on my WANT list. They have been there for so long. And yet I have that full shelf of books I can't seem to get too. lol. Oh, what do we book lovers do now? GO BUY MORE BOOKS!!! :D

    Thank you! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts