Teaser Tuesday

This is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I just want to give a quick update of what I did today:
I'm now reading a paper on J.R.R. Tolkien's use of myths and legends as inspiration for his book. It's called The Influence of Legends and Myths on J.R.R. Tolkien's Works by Jitka Cernochova.  Not very exiting but it's really good! It's a rather long teaser, but science needs time and space you know!

Page 12
The theme of broken and reforged swords also appears in the Volsungsaga. The swords usually break after the death of their owners and could only be reforged for the use of their succesors who faced a challenging task. In the Volsungsaga, Odin broke Sugmund's sword and in obedience to Sigmund's last wish, the fragments ofthe sword, like those of Narsil in The Lord of the Rings, were preserved.
So whay's your teaser?

Comments

  1. This sounds really interesting. I I'll have to see if my library carries it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser.... Thanks for sharing

    Here is mine:

    http://chrissysworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-what-are-you-reading_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound interesting. I hope you are enjoying it. I have two this week. My YA teaser is from The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal and my adult teaser is from Game for Anything by Bella Andre. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy day for you! I think I would probably like this title, as Tolkien is one of my all-time faves! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts